The city bike season starts on 1 April and ends on 31 October. There are more than 4,600 bikes and 460 bike stations in the capital region at the beginning of the season 2022. Please note that the bike system in Helsinki and Espoo is different from the system used in Vantaa and you cannot mix bikes from the two systems.
How to use the city bikes:
- Register on the website hsl.fi/en/citybikes/helsinki or via the HSL app.
- Buy a daily, weekly or season pass by debit/credit card.
- You can then use your personal cyclist ID or HSL Travel Card and a PIN code for collecting your bike.
- If you chose a day pass, you can get access to 1–4 bikes.
- You can use city bikes continuously for 30 minutes. After that, €1 will be charged for each concurrent 30 minutes. The maximum allowed time for a single bike trip is five hours.
- You can return the city bike to any bike station.
- You can ride the bikes in Helsinki and Espoo and also ride from one city to the other, if you wish. The pricing encourages short trips, mainly in areas where there are city bike stations.
For further instructions on how to register and use the city bikes: HSL