Eira Park was originally known as Eira Green (Eiranpuistikko) and fondly referred to among locals as Flower Park (Kukkapuisto). It was created at the same time as the prestigious district of Eira in the early 1900s. Construction of the park was completed in 1913. Eira Park has always been a traditional baroque-style park designed for strolling, admiring the plants and relaxing on the park benches among the trees and flower beds. In 2000 a fine marble sculpture, Three Vessel-Carrying Boys, designed by Matti Haupt (1912-1999) was placed in the southwest corner of the park.
Meilahti manor is located in Meilahti district in Helsinki.
Alusta pavilion is a pavilion which will be built in the spring 2022 on the courtyard between the Design Museum and Museum of Finnish Architecture.
Helsinki Oriental is a dance studio specialized in oriental dances.
The German Library was founded in the 19th century by private intiative. Since 1955 the library is maintained by the German Library Association (Saksalainen kirjastoyhdistys).
The library is open for everyone and offers approximately 40 000 books in German language, of which all can be loaned except for reference works. The usage of the library is free of charge and it is possible to borrow books outside of Helsinki.
The library offers guided tours for different groups and hosts literary evenings and other events. Since 1991 the library has been a literary centre for German-speaking countries and 2008 the library joined the Austriaca-database for Austrian literature. In 2007 the library received the award "Kulturpreis Deutsche Sprache".
The newest HopLop indoor playground and adventure park for kids and the whole family is located at the Helsinki Outlet. In addition to the traditional HopLop attractions, here you'll also find a bouncing ninja course and an interactive trampoline game. Also a cozy café area.
Selkämerenpuisto, Bothnian Sea Park, is located in Jätkäsaari. There's eg. a playground and a ball playing field in the park. And a quiet area with flowerbeds can be found in the northern section of the park.