University of Helsinki, main building
<p>The Main Building of the university, designed by Carl Ludvig Engel, was completed in 1832. It is located next to the Senate Square in the heart of Helsinki's neoclassical centre, facing the Cathedral and the Government's Palace. The Fabianinkatu side was completed in 1937, before the war. The architect was J.S Sirén, who also designed the Parliament House.
<p>Today Helsinki University consists of 11 faculties and almost 40 000 students spread across four different campuses.</p>