How the service benefits everyone
The Think Sustainably service makes sustainability for everyday life easy, gathering the information locals and visitors need to make better choices for the environment and society.
How the service benefits businesses & events
Businesses and events benefit from increased visibility on MyHelsinki.fi and on MyHelsinki's social media channels by communicating their sustainable values, as well as having the opportunity to improve their everyday practices, in-line with customer expectations.
This is how the service works
- The Think Sustainably service is open to all service providers that fulfil the minimum requirements for the criteria. It is free of charge to participate in the service.
- The service filters from local businesses from the database of MyHelsinki.fi that operate exceptionally well when it comes to sustainability.
- In each category, there are a minimum number of requirements that the actor must implement in order to fulfil the criteria. The ones that do, are marked with a green tab and can be recognised as a sustainable choice in the MyHelsinki.fi service. They also gain a badge on their own page in MyHelsinki, denoting their overall Think Sustainably score.
- The businesses and service providers self-assess their operations against the criteria for their own category.
- The business or event fills in the form that corresponds to their category and chooses the criteria it fulfils.
- If the minimum number of criteria for the category are fulfilled, the business / event can be recognised as a sustainable choice for consumers in the Think Sustainably service and are marked with a green tab in MyHelsinki.fi.
- The service participant is expected to regularly brief its own employees on their operations’ values and visions of sustainability.
- Residents and visitors can offer feedback on the Think Sustainably service and its participants, which are reviewed and addressed according to the spirit of the service.
Links to the forms according to each category:
- Think Sustainably – Restaurants, cafés and bars
- Think Sustainably – Attractions
- Think Sustainably – Shops
- Think Sustainably – Accommodation
- Think Sustainably – Events
- Think Sustainably – Venues.
If you have any questions concerning the service or the criteria, please email us at [email protected]