Kouvola in a nutshell
An exciting day trip to Kouvola is waiting for you. Your day trip can include an adventure in a national park or a relaxing sauna experience.
Top 3 attractions
- World Heritage Site Verla Groundwood and Board Mill - Verlas magnificent setting by the rapids, the charming historical mill buildings and their machinery, the mill owner`s mansion with its beautiful gardens and the idyllic workers´ cottages give a clear picture of the Nordic forest industry`s earlier days.
- Arboretum Mustila is the oldest and largest tree park in Nothern Europe. Mustila is known for its exotic conifer groves and its hundreds of rhododendrons and azaleas that bloom in June.
- Repovesi National Park - In Repovesi National Park the trails traverse beautiful landscapes punctuated by cliffs, water, woodlands and swamps. You can go trekking by canoe or rowing boat or take a guided fishing trip.
Top 3 lunch places
- Bistro Goutu - The restaurant is located at the end of the old printing house. The restaurant aims to use as much as possible foods from local producers.
- Lamykins Cookhouse - is a centrally located steakhouse and a burger restaurant. Their specialty is a charcoal grill.
- Kymi Villa - At Kymi Villa in Kuusankoski, enjoy the calm, dignified, yet homely atmosphere. You can also stay over. Come for lunch, check it out, be inspired and book!
Distance from Helsinki
130 kilometres, ca. 1,5 hour
How to get there
You can get to Kouvola from Helsinki by public transport in under an hour and a half, train connections run every hour from the Helsinki Central Station and also from the Helsinki Airport. By car along highway 6 the drive takes an hour and a half.